What you’ll need
180 g ground Almonds
50 g of castor sugar
180 g of unsorted butter
35 g of crystallised ginger chopped
150 g of soft prunes torn in two
3 tablespoons of brandy
How to make your pudding
1. Cream the butter and the sugar together.
2. Beat in the eggs add the Almonds and beat for two minutes.
3. Stir in the prunes (reserve three) add the chopped ginger and pour into your greased and lined tin.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes,then add the remaining prunes on top and cook for a further 20 minutes.
5. When cooked sprinkle the brandy on top.
6. Serve warm with whipped cream laced with brandy.
Bohemian Mama likes to…
Soak the prunes in the brandy overnight before making this pudding. Drain the prunes and save the brandy juice to pour over the cake when cooked.