This has been described as a beefed up version of a spicy potato tapas recipe. For me it’s a one pot wonder, quick, tasty and perfect for the autumn months ahead.
What you will need
2 chicken breasts ( next time I will use thigh meat as I prefer the taste)
8″ piece of chorizo ( the long thinnish one)
2 small or one large red onion
2 large tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
Handful of flat leaf parsley
chilli sauce ( I used sweet chilli sauce tonight) to taste
Lemon juice 1/4 to a half
How to make it
1. Cut chicken breasts into large pieces.
2.Cut the onions, potatoes, red pepper and tomatoes into big chunks.
3.. Cut the chorizo into smaller chunks.
4. Place the chicken, potatoes, chorizo, peppers and onion into a large cookpot. Drizzle a little olive oil on them.
5. Roast in a preheated oven at 200°C/gas mark 6 for about 20 minutes, stirring every now and then to coat the ingredients with the paprika flavoured oils released from the chorizo.
6. Add tomatoes, sliced garlic, a big handful of chopped parsley, a big squeeze of lemon juice, a shake of chilli sauce and some ground or crushed black pepper.
7. Stir together well and return to the oven for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
8. Serve straight from the pot with steamed green beans.
This recipe was given to me by my lovely new friend and work colleague, Suzanne.