I often get asked for a good brownie recipe and I’m always a little stuck as to which one to recommend. Brownies for me need to be super quick to make, extremely chocolatey, have a slighty crispy outside and a chewy, gooey middle. I love putting pecans in mine, but I know this is a no go area for some people, so the alternative is to add some milk chocolate chopped up or dried sour cherries where the nuts should be! This recipe is a combination of two recipes that I usually make …hopefully you will give this one a go and let me know if its to your liking or maybe you have a better one to share?
You will need to make your Bohemian Brownies
110g (4ozs) butter
110g ( 4ozs) plain chocolate
110g (4ozs) caster sugar
110g (4ozs) soft brown sugar
2 beaten eggs
85g (3ozs) plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
25g (1oz) cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
110g (4ozs) chopped pecans or milk chocolate or dried sour cherries
How to make your Bohemian Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 180°c/350°f/gas mark 4
2. Grease and line a shallow oblong tin18x28cm (7×11 inches).
3. Break the plain chocolate into pices and put in a heatproof bowl along with the cubed butter. Melt together in the microwave or over a simmering pan of water. If using the microwave, take care not to over heat and stir after a minute to check how its doing.
4. Add all the other ingredients to the melted chocolate/ butter mixture and stir well. Pour into your greased tin and spread out evenly. Place in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Let the mixture cool in the tin for10minutes, it will sink a little. Then cut into squares and cool them on a wire rack. Store in a air tight tin.