Photo by Evelin Viikmaa
This recipe has just been given to me by my ‘Beer Cookery Specialist’ Stephen Spaeder. Stephen decided to make his own bread for my ‘Beefy beer and Bread’ recipe, giving this dish a double whammy of beer! This bread takes minutes to prepare, no kneading, no long wait and is a perfect partner for any beef stew. You really need to give this a try and let us know how you liked it. It was an absolute winner in our house.
What you will need
3 cups (1lb 8ozs) plain flour ( I used ½ white and ½ wholemeal)
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup(2ozs) sugar
1/2 cup (4ozs) melted butter
1x12oz can of beer
Grease a1lb loaf tin and preheat the oven to 190°c / 375°f / Gas mark 5
How to make Beer Bread
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Pour the beer and 1/2 of the melted butter into the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Place the dough into the greased bread tin. Now pour the rest of the melted butter over the top of the dough, which will give the bread a delicious crispy crust.
4. Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour.
5. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Enjoy :). Please feel free to leave a comment on the blog.